Ever since I was little, I’ve always been drawn to technology. Something that started as simply watching Youtube tech review videos evolved into computer programming. I can’t fully grasp what fueled my interest, but here is the picture of me pretending to know what I’m doing.
This young boy didn’t even suspect he’d be sitting in the same pose 17 years later. The more things change, the more they stay the same. One day I’ll recreate this picture, but all in good time.
Backend Software Engineer at Zuora
June 2023 – Present (London, UK)
Software Engineer at THG
April 2022 – June 2023 (Manchester, UK)
Led a series of highly innovative and collaborative initiatives to bring checkout abandonment rate by 15%. Displayed ownership by communicating with multiple internal teams, gathering functional re- quirements, analyzing integration limitations of existing APIs and finding the most optimal and cost- effective solutions. Engineered and developed the Express Checkout feature, which enables custo- mers to purchase in fewer clicks and is exclusive to mobile applications and increased the checkout conversion rate up to 80% vs 60% via standard checkout.
Integrated Apple Pay as a payment option, which resulted in a further increase in the checkout conver- sion rate up to 95%.
Implemented and maintained a microservices-based Java Spring stack to power an industry-leading Subscriptions platform that handles over 1 million monthly subscriptions for more than 20 internal and external clients across the globe. The platform’s robust architecture and efficient design allow for seamless scaling and rapid feature development, providing clients with a top-of-the-line subscription experience.
Graduate Software Engineer at THG
October 2021 – March 2022 (Manchester, UK)
- Conducted a migration from the Webview, which was less reliable, more resource-intensive and had a higher loading speed, and developed a native product page in React Native with the GraphQL inte- gration, which led to a 34% average increase in add to basket rate
Software Developer (Working Student) at epap GmbH
January 2021 – September 2021 (Hannover, Germany)
- Assembled a B2B Product that would allow the self-service interaction of customers with the epap solutions via a Web Console. I was entrusted with setting up the initial full-stack infrastructure with Flutter Web as the front-end platform and Google Firebase as the backend/cloud development platform.
- Set up the sandbox and production environments, which guarantee a seamless development and deployment workflow. It involves the linkage of the Flutter builds with the respective cloud environment, which in turn are linked to custom domains for sandbox and production usage.
- Automated the way code management operations are handled in Bitbucket. I integrated CI / CD pipelines that improved code review stages and the deployment mechanisms to sandbox and production environments.
- API Client Application Automation – an essential part of the self-service workflow for B2B customers is to set up client applications in an automated way, such that customers receive their API credentials immediately with initial web console usage
Teaching Assistant at Jacobs University Bremen
October 2020 – December 2020 (Bremen, Germany)
Programmed scripts to automate the grading process and distributed grades accordingly
Conducted effective code reviews and shared feedback with students
Full Stack Developer (Working Student) at Medikura Digital Health GmbH
December 2019 – May 2020 (Munich, Germany)
Implemented automatic end-to-end test suites / ecosystems for all platform services to proof the rea- diness for release
Migrated Express.js codebases to Typescript
Teaching Assistant at Jacobs University Bremen
September 2019 – December 2019 (Bremen, Germany)
Coordinated instructional efforts with professor
Tutored 180 students and assist with assignments, imperative and object-oriented programming concepts
Monitored students during class work and exams
Provided assistance to the professor in terms of preparing lesson outlines
Frontend Web Developer Intern at Medikura Digital Health GmbH
June 2019 – August 2020 (Munich, Germany)
Built React.JS/Redux app to add account management and enable pharma companies to exchange structured messages with patients
Worked on Node.JS microservice to aggregate and filter information from an external API
Turned Figma mockups into user interfaces using React.JS, Styled Components and Material-UI
Standardized and improve code style and structure across several React.JS projects
Worked on NodeJS app with handlebars templates to generate and download PDFs from HTML and CSS
Technologies: Spring, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, ReactJS/Redux, React Native, Flutter, NodeJS(Express.js), Gra- phQL, Firebase, HTML5/CSS3
Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Development Tools: git, Linux, Docker, Gradle, Maven, Jira, CI/CD, Mockito, JUnit, Grafana, Latex
- JTracer is a contact tracing system that provides a safe and easy way to record interactions in public spaces by scanning QR codes. It consists of two distinct subsystems: JTracer Students and JTracer ACS. The goal of JTracer Students is to enable students to log their attendance by scanning QR codes before entering a lecture hall. The goal of JTracer ACS is to help Health Authorities identify and inform people who may have been exposed to the virus.
- The marketplace for Jacobs University Bremen, which is used by more than 1000 students. Hundreds of items have been successfully sold. The app offers passwordless authentication to improve security. It takes less than 5 seconds to contact the owner. Our own templates simplify life. Post and edit your own posts, mark as sold or delete them. Search/sort items by keywords or categories.
Jacobs University Bremen
September 2018 – June 2021 (Bremen, Germany)
- BSc in Computer Science
- Thesis on ”Centralized QR Code-Based Contact Tracing Solution”
- Courses: Secure and Dependable Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Architecture and Programming Languages, Computer Networks, Machine Learning, Data Bases and Web Services, Operating Systems, Computability and Complexity, Formal Languages and Logic, Algorithms and Data Structures, OOP in C++, Advanced Programming in Python